The final writeup for Mar 2017! Topics below, in pri order, discussed topics in bold
- Do new people know Lean Coffee is about Agile?
- Hiding Agile
- Tech hubs – can ACT compete with other capital cities?
- Rules of developing backlogs with clients
- “Semi Agile” Does it work? When and Why? Transitioning.
- Broad estimation methods
- Companies that find warm leads for my PC support website
Another great session, topics below in order and the topics that were actually discussed in bold.
- “Master” in Scrum Master means control. Doesn’t it?
- Leadership role in Agile
- Orgs want digital to engage more customers. But customers don’t want to engage with orgs.
- How far (big) can Agile scale?
- How did **** go LeSS?
- Beyond Scrum
- Product roadmap followup
- What’s up with the DTA?
- What kind of Agile are CBR startups into?
- Story points?
- What is the sonic screwdriver of the Scrum Master?
- Is certification worthwhile?
Another great LC session with tons of great topics listed below:
- Amazon is coming! What will it mean to Australia? Especially in the digital wars
- Is Trump agile?
- How to stop blaming external factors?
- Design sprints = working fast
- Gannt chart – Sin? Or necessary evil?
- Define agile in a minute
As always, the topic backlog is in priority order and the actual topics discussed are bolded.
OK, it’s been a while since we updated the blog. So now it’s time to catch up. Here were the topics for February 2017:
- How do you train executives?
- What practices are in place at the companies people REALLY want to work at?
- Digital nudging – OK or not OK?
- Complexity versus simplicity – Finding the right balance for a 1-page summary
- How to attract buying customers to fantastic pc.support.com who need PC help
- Agile process performance appraisal – how?
- What would a bigger Lean Coffee meetup look like? How?
- For companies people don’t want to work for – what are the glaring missing practices?
- What’s the status on Gov fail?
- Good companies
The topics we actually discussed are in bold font, you can see some notes in the photo
Another great session amongst agile friends here in the CBD of CBR. We now have King O’s permanently booked for every other Monday. Here were the topics this week (with topics actually discussed in bold):
- Trump won. What next?
- When is it not a good time to use agile?
- How much of an idea do you need to secure funding/investment?
- Agile versus Design
- Role of a non-tech person in an agile team?
- Product Architect job description. What would it say?
- The Leader Stance – Command and Control, Democratic, Visionary, Consensus
- Herding a PO
- Visionary vision statements
- Analyzing motivations
- Wrapping up an agile project
It’s getting to that time of year in the CBR, school holidays. Pretty soon it will be a ghost town. But Lean Coffee will still be going strong with the people we have. The people that are meant to be there, are there. Thanks Harrison Owen!
It has been a whole year since we started to meet for Lean Coffee! I think we can proudly claim to be Canberra’s longest running (and still going strong) agile meetup. In honor of our anniversary, we are posting a catchup session. Here are the topics we prioritized in this session in August, actual topics discussed in bold.
- #CensusFail #NDISFail What lessons can we take away from these disasters?
- Tips for getting the most out of conferences
- LEGO Serious Play
- Agile2016 Overview
- Getting new people up to speed
- PyCon Overview
- Tools/techniques to connect engineering value to business value
- Service Design Conference presentation ideas
- Safety – do you need it? what is it? how to get it?
Another great session at King O’s! Thanks to eWAY for continuing to support our agile community. We had an excellent crowd with a ton of topics suggested. See below for the topics, with topics actually discussed in bold. Our agile group is proud to be using an agile technique, Lean Coffee, to discuss agile topics. We can’t wait to meet you here in Canberra.
- Evaluating an idea
- The missing vision
- Traits of the best presenters
- Sniper or scattershot – targeting your market
- Tips and tricks for quick MVPs
- Self-taught vs University tech skills
- What type of code should you start with?
- Digital information overload
- Eliciting failure quickly
- Lean Coffee @ work. Suggestions?
- Agile coaching cards
- How do you get people to write documentation?
- Self-service analytics
- Digital dementia
- Damian rocking the Spock look
Well, we went back to our roots this week and convened at E29. Here were the topics this week:
- Overtime – Is it OK? When is it OK? How do you ask the team for it?
- Defining strategy
- Australian employment factors that drive poor behaviors
Since we had a concise set of topics we managed to discuss all four of the topics above.
The likelihood that the next session will be pub-based is high.
The Lean Coffee Team
Great discussion last week with beers at King O’Malleys, thanks to eWay for sponsoring!
- Customisation or Core Product?
- How do we measure innovation on a project?
- Plans vs Planning
- How do you sell/educate Agile to gov?
- Should you publish your roadmap and let your customers have input?
- What to do when the client asks for some thing you think is NOT going to ultimately succeed?
- Bug management; estimation, in the backlog, tracking, business value
- How do you upskill some one who outranks you?
- What is Cynefin?