eWAY has generously offered to sponsor our next session! Our pub crawl experiment continues and eWAY is contributing $100 to our bar tab. We applaud their support of us and the local agile community and our desire to quench our thirsts.
We are anticipating another great session and look forward to seeing you all there. Kaizen!
Easy. Helpful. Human.
With you every step of the way.
We had this weeks session at Civic Pub in Braddon and we had a great group of people come along to their first session! It seemed like people had been thinking and encountering different problems and issues over the past two weeks with a large backlog to discuss. We didn’t get through all of it, but the discussions were quite vibrant and much was learned all around. We had some feedback too, thanking us for being so beginner friendly, which should make everyone feel reassured to come along and see what we’re doing.
- The absent PO – how to handle?
- Get them to assign a delegate
- Escalate – get more help
- Coffee punishment
- Identify risks
- Get team to bring it up in retro
- What is Agile/Lean?
- How to help govt. departments take up Agile methods, especially when they are very waterfall
- Being more agile on govt. projects
- Agile 2015 in Washington DC – focussed on govt agile
- When does something stop being an MVP?
- When it delivers more value than planned
- The Start Up Pyramid – Sean Ellis
- MVP implies learning
- Tips for informing/converting the skeptical
- Should you ensure your team has certain skills?
- Infrastructure with Lean – how to?
- Scrum Alliance new special interest group in Canberra
- What do you know about Nexus?
- With a new client, what small changes can introduce Lean?
- Strategies for introducing automated tests into codebases that really need it?
- Scrum Coach retreat
- Cultural change needed in orgs to take up agile methods
- Any practical examples of Canberra organisations using lean principals/Agile?
Alex quote – Props to Daniel Burke for leading the session and keeping the blog up-to-date!
Here’s a photo of the good looking’ crew
Well, we had our first Lean Coffee session in a pub! Thanks to P.J. O’Reilly’s in the CBD for hosting us. As a result of beer quaffing we actually ended up going past our 1 hour timebox to 1.5 hours. Beer makes everything better! Please note that our next Lean Coffee is in the Civic Pub in Braddon, we have the table down near the fireplace reserved. The topics the last session were:
- What to look for in a co-founder?
- How/where do you find good co-founders?
- The Stanford class on startups
- How do you determine the length & cost of a project up front?
- Buy another round of beers!
- What info do the devs want? Bridging the user story to requirement gap.
- Dormant products – can Lean Startup help?
- [Anonymous Lean Coffee Attendee] – How’s the agile transformation?
- Assessing source code during development, yay or nay? Who knows Java here?
- Autistic Kanban?
The bold topics above were actually discussed, and of course they are in priority order. Because of the beer drinking and the good times we managed to talk about almost every topic proposed.
We hope to see you next time, remember that our next session is in the Civic Pub.
And thanks to Daniel Burke for hooking our WordPress site up to Meetup, now you can see the Meetup events on this site. Yay!
See you next time…