Another great Lean Coffee session was had by all. We changed the time slightly this week, we went from 5:30-6:30 (instead of 6-7). That seemed to work pretty well. The Lean Coffee crew is experimenting with times so let’s see what we do for the next session. Anyways, we had a great time. Come join us!
The proposed topics, in priority order are below. The topics we discussed are in bold:
- Define a dream team in agile
- How do you build culture?
- Governing the commons, e.g. open source software
- How do you ease out an agile consultant in your org?
- How do you reduce resentment towards senior leadership during an agile transformation?
- How do we raise excitement for our products internally?
- Funding infrastructure
- What are looking for from this group?
- Agile ceremonies, more vs. less. What is the right balance?
Notes that I casually took during the session:
“A team of champions doesn’t beat a champion team.”
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- I like 5:30 to 6:30, good discussion, the right mix of people!
Thanks to everyone who participated! We will see you in 2 weeks…
Lean Coffee Canberra
We had our first #LeanCoffee session on Monday Dec. 7. Once again, we are grateful to Rory Ford and Entry 29 for providing a meeting space. A great time was had by all!
The first #LeanCoffee posse is below. A good lookin’ crowd.
Here are the topics we discussed, in priority order of course!
- What does “Lean” mean to you?
- How do you grow community? (the facilitator accidentally skipped this so we didn’t actually discuss this topic. Doh!)
- How do you convince reluctant people to adopt agile?
- Is DevOps the next trend? Is Scrum dead?
- How do we leverage today’s Prime Minister innovation statement?
This is a photo of the actual topics. Note the dots, we use dot voting for crowd-sourced prioritization:
At the end of the session we solicited retrospective feedback, here it is.
- Start session earlier
- Keep the beer cold
- We need bigger cards to write on during the session
- Promote Lean Coffee more and grow the community
- Can we have a “Further Reading Material” list maintained during the session?
- Start earlier! How about doing the sessions in the morning?
- I liked the scheduled day and time of the sessions, that works for me
- Good facilitation and nice discussions!
- Let’s supplement the face-to-face sessions with digital interaction, e.g. e-mail, Facebook, etc.
A photo of the retro feedback:
The #LeanCoffee team has an internal retro next Monday. We might be slightly updating the format for the next session on Monday Dec. 21. Come join us and get into the #agilefun !
The Lean Coffee Team