The new session time of 5:30-6:30 seems to be working fine. The Lean Coffee crew might try some other meeting times and durations, let’s see what our A/B testing turns up. 🙂
Our proposed topics this week are below. The topics in bold were actually discussed. We also took notes this session, we hope you find this useful.
- What I learned by reading Elon Musk biography last week
- Book – Elon Musk biography
- Book – Extreme Project Management
- How to handle slipping commitments/Ensuring team sticks to deadlines… managing excuses
- Book – Anti Fragile
- Book – Promise Theory by Burgess
- Reference – Cone of uncertainty
- Agile feature development for existing products
- Reference – XKCD cartoon on problems and their frequency
- Book – How to Create Agile Teams
- How to get proposed sessions into conferences
- Make them – controversial, resonate, personal, stories, focused
- Proposed session – the story of a perfect scrum master
- Top 10 agile questions you were afraid to ask
- What do you consider to be good culture?
- Automated testing and deployment
- What is the history of the term “agile”?
- Building and proving a new feature at minimum cost
- Lean opportunity discovery
Our retro feedback is below:
- Great, thank you, my first lean coffee, fun.
- Notes on the wall help with remembering what was discussed.
- I really value interacting with other people with experience and lots of different perspectives.
- Interesting talks.
- Enjoyed it. Could have been twice as long and would still have stuff to talk about.
Any feedback about the blog is also welcome. See you next time!