OK, time to catch up on Lean Coffee posts. The topics in June were:
- What’s the difference between Lean and Agile?
- A pitch on “Build Your Own Canvas”
- How to achieve 5 star Agile teams in our company
- Are there any Agile blindspots?
- Setting up high performing Agile teams
- What questions should I expect in an interview for a Scrum Master job?
- How to properly propose things to authority – clubs and the like
- How to transcend perceived standing
- A SAFe release train to replace our release management
- Common knowledge – why is it not common?
- New Facebook technologies for skin stuffs
As always, the bold topics above were actually discussed. See you at the next Lean Coffee!
We had our first #LeanCoffee session on Monday Dec. 7. Once again, we are grateful to Rory Ford and Entry 29 for providing a meeting space. A great time was had by all!
The first #LeanCoffee posse is below. A good lookin’ crowd.
Here are the topics we discussed, in priority order of course!
- What does “Lean” mean to you?
- How do you grow community? (the facilitator accidentally skipped this so we didn’t actually discuss this topic. Doh!)
- How do you convince reluctant people to adopt agile?
- Is DevOps the next trend? Is Scrum dead?
- How do we leverage today’s Prime Minister innovation statement?
This is a photo of the actual topics. Note the dots, we use dot voting for crowd-sourced prioritization:
At the end of the session we solicited retrospective feedback, here it is.
- Start session earlier
- Keep the beer cold
- We need bigger cards to write on during the session
- Promote Lean Coffee more and grow the community
- Can we have a “Further Reading Material” list maintained during the session?
- Start earlier! How about doing the sessions in the morning?
- I liked the scheduled day and time of the sessions, that works for me
- Good facilitation and nice discussions!
- Let’s supplement the face-to-face sessions with digital interaction, e.g. e-mail, Facebook, etc.
A photo of the retro feedback:
The #LeanCoffee team has an internal retro next Monday. We might be slightly updating the format for the next session on Monday Dec. 21. Come join us and get into the #agilefun !
The Lean Coffee Team